Monday, July 8, 2013

Is it anti-Christian to teach Yoga at schools?

I refer you to the following article for the full discussion on this topic: Is it anti-Christian to teach Yoga at Schools? Thank God, the Judge didn't agree with the parents who sued the school board.

I was once confronted with the statement that Feng Shui is also a religious act.

Let us agree to disagree.

Yoga is a spiritual practice as is Feng Shui, not religious.

Some of you might think otherwise, but I don't see anything wrong with either Yoga or Feng Shui -whether you call it spiritual or religious.

Yoga in today's western world is a way to exercises to keep your mind and body fit - as the Judge ruled in the article mentioned above. If Yoga is considered to be religious in nature, then we have the Hindu religion to thank for, and Buddhism for Feng Shui.

I practice both, but I am neither Hindu nor Buddhist.

If my son's school decided to incorporate Yoga to their Physical Education classes, I would be thrilled, not worried.

No comments:

Post a Comment